MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) — Alabama's unemployment rate is holding steady at 3.7 percent.
The governor's office says the state's preliminary, seasonally adjusted jobless rate for February was unchanged from the January number.
The rate represents 80,865 unemployed people in the state, while nearly 2.1 million are working.
The state's unemployment rate is well below last February's rate of 5.3 percent, and it's also below the national jobless rate of 4.1 percent.
Shelby County in metro Birmingham has the state's lowest unemployment rate at 3.1 percent. Cullman County is second at 3.6 percent.
Wilcox County in rural west Alabama has Alabama's highest jobless rate, 10.5 percent. Clarke County is next at 8 percent.
- Alabama's jobless rate unchanged
- Alabama jobless rate unchanged in August at 4.1 percent.
- Alabama jobless rate increases slightly
- Alabama jobless rate drops to 3.6 percent
- Alabama jobless rate drops to 3.7 percent
- Alabama jobless rate dips to 3.9 percent
- Mississippi jobless rate and payrolls improve in September
- Mississippi jobless rate and payrolls improve in October
- Mississippi jobless rate and payrolls both hit new records
- Mississippi jobless rate and payrolls remain strong in March