MOBILE, Ala. (AP) — An Alabama man who was mistakenly released from jail because of a clerical error is back behind bars.
Al.com reports 34-year-old Nathaniel Sebastian, of Wilmer, had been in the Mobile Metro Jail under a $250,000 bond for allegedly killing his mother, 60-year-old Susan Mayo, and burying her under her porch in September 2017. But a clerical error set Sebastian's bond at $100,000. He came up with the bail under the lower figure and was released Wednesday.
Prosecutors filed an emergency petition in Mobile County Circuit Court, the error was corrected and warrants were out for Sebastian, who surrendered to authorities on Thursday.
The clerk's office declined to say whether the employee who made the clerical error is still employed there.
- Alabama man mistakenly released back in custody
- Alabama prison guard in custody
- Man arrested in shooting death in Alabama custody exchange
- Man charged with capital murder back in custody
- Grenada jail inmate is back in custody
- Marshals take wanted Mantachie man into custody
- UPDATE: Man in custody for Aberdeen shooting
- New Albany man dies in police custody
- Man in custody after Attala County shooting
- Sulligent, Alabama, bank robbery suspect is in custody