CHATOM, Ala. (WTVA) - A car dealership in Alabama is giving away Bibles, American flags and shotguns as part of a Fourth of July special.
Chatom Ford posted a promotional video titled “God, Guns, and Freedom,” to its Facebook page on June 19.
The items are gifts to customers who purchase a vehicle. The special ends on July 31.
Manager Koby Palmer is seen in the promotional video.
He told CNN the dealership has been “overwhelmed” with positive feedback since the promotion started.
He also said customers could not drive off the lot with a new gun. They must take a gift card to a participating firearms dealer to redeem it.
Palmer said customers do not have to take the items if they’re uncomfortable.
"We're not trying to force anything on anybody," he told CNN. "We accept all views and all walks of life."
- Alabama car dealership giving away Bibles, American flags, shotguns during holiday special
- Truck parts stolen from Kosciusko dealership
- American flag stolen from East Webster High School, arrest made
- Alabama's sales tax holiday is this weekend
- Corinth woman accused of delivering cocaine laced Bible to jail
- Missouri House approves Bible class in public schools
- Special Olympics gives local children chance to compete
- Joggers in Corinth combine holiday cheer and giving back
- Alabama troopers investigate 23 traffic deaths during holiday period
- Alabama will give names of cross-over voters to prosecutors