MONTGOMERY, Ala. (Press Release) — Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey has awarded a $300,000 Community Development Block Grant to provide the infrastructure necessary for Tiffin Motor Homes’ new RV Center in Winfield, creating 65 new jobs.
The city of Winfield will use the grant to extend sewer service to the new facility which Tiffin will construct on 29 acres of property within the city’s I-22 Industrial Park. There are currently no sewer lines available for sewage disposal.
“Bringing new jobs to Alabama is at the forefront of my administration,” Ivey said. “I am pleased to award this grant which will help provide many opportunities in Winfield, including the expansion of Tiffin Motor Homes which will help local families improve their quality of life through new jobs.”
The project will include a new sewer lift station and installation of approximately 2,900 feet of 4-inch mains, 1,510 feet of 8-inch gravity line and four manholes.
The Alabama Department of Economic and Community Affairs is administering the grant from funds made available to the state by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
ADECA administers an array of programs that support law enforcement and traffic safety, economic development, energy conservation, water resource management and recreation development.\
Ivey notified Winfield Mayor Randy Price the grant had been approved. The city is contributing $70,265 in matching funds to complete the project.
- Alabama Gov. Ivey awards grant to create jobs in Winfield
- Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey denies gay accusation
- Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey sworn in for first full term
- Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey announces 'very treatable' lung cancer diagnosis
- Winfield, AL man dies in weekend wreck
- Winfield, AL hospital sold to new owners
- Alabama awards grant to help entrepreneurs and upstart companies
- Tecumseh creating jobs with Verona expansion
- General Atomics in Shannon expanding, creates jobs
- Iuka auto supplier expanding, creating jobs