NATCHEZ, Miss. (AP) — The chief deputy of the Adams County sheriff's office has died after being stung by a wasp.
Adams County Coroner James Lee tells The Natchez Democrat that 66-year-old Chief Deputy Wayne Rabb died Sunday evening after being stung by a wasp.
Lee said the cause of death was anaphylactic shock following the sting. The coroner pronounced Rabb dead Sunday night at the emergency room.
Adams County Sheriff Travis Patten told the newspaper that Rabb joined the sheriff's office in 2003.
Patten described Rabb as a "straight up guy" and a devout Christian.
Patten said Rabb was working in his yard Sunday when he was stung. He had only recently learned he was allergic to wasp stings.
- Adams County chief deputy dies following wasp sting
- Former Alcorn County chief deputy dies
- Lowndes County sheriff names new chief deputy
- Chief Deputy: Choctaw County fugitive in custody
- Alabama chief deputy arrested on theft charges
- Bruce police chief dies following illness
- Tupelo's deputy police chief leaving for out-of-state job
- Lowndes County inmate dies
- Noxubee County supervisor dies
- Deputy discovers wounded driver in Lee County