ACKERMAN, Miss. (WTVA) – The mayor of Ackerman died Wednesday morning following a battle with pancreatic cancer.
Dick Cain, 71, was currently serving his third term as the city’s mayor.
Alderman Carl Phelps will serve as mayor pro tem until a special election can be held. That election is expected to be in December.
- Ackerman mayor passes away following illness
- Four running in special election for Ackerman mayor
- One man shot, another arrested in Ackerman
- Armed robbery arrest made in Ackerman
- Burglar sought after Ackerman store break-in
- UPDATE: Highway 12 reopened after crash near Ackerman
- Ackerman police look to find two men for store scam
- School officials detect gas leak at Ackerman Elementary
- Starkville police charge Ackerman woman with vehicle theft
- Former mayor of Houston passes away