ACKERMAN, Miss. (WTVA) - The Ackerman Police Department has new equipment thanks to grants.
Police Chief Tim Cook said the department received a $2,600 grant from 4-County.
The grant allowed officers to get new gun belts, jump cables and unlock tool kits.
He said receiving the new equipment at a small department like this improves the relationship between officers and Ackerman residents.
Cook added having more unlock tool kits allows officers to quickly respond to citizens’ calls for help.
The department received a $3,600 federal grant from Jag Burn to purchase five brand new bulletproof vests, one for each full-time officer.
Cook said the department will receive a second truck next week to add to their police fleet.
The two trucks come after being granted the Role Development grant.
- Ackerman Police Department shows off new equipment
- Ackerman mayor passes away following illness
- One man shot, another arrested in Ackerman
- Armed robbery arrest made in Ackerman
- Burglar sought after Ackerman store break-in
- Ackerman honors former governors Mabus and Coleman
- Collision in Oktibbeha County kills Ackerman man
- Ackerman police look to find two men for store scam
- Starkville police charge Ackerman woman with vehicle theft
- Ackerman Police search for hit-and-run driver