MONROE COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - Two women from Aberdeen are accused of using fake money in Monroe County.
The two are identified as Tyneisha Kierra Cole, 25, and Marquita J. Thompson, 24. Both were arrested on Friday, July 20 and charged with one count of false pretense and one count of forgery.
Monroe County Sheriff Cecil Cantrell says the two women were caught after businesses called the sheriff's office stating they had received fake money.
Cantrell says the women did not create the money, but purchased it online.
The sheriff's office recovered approximately $5,000 worth of fake bills on Friday.
- Aberdeen women charged with using fake money
- Man charged with using fake money in Monroe County
- Mother returned to Aberdeen, faces kidnapping charges
- Aberdeen man charged with church burglary
- Aberdeen police charge woman with murder
- Aberdeen mayor arrested on embezzlement charges
- Aberdeen man charged with murder in Verona
- Aberdeen alderman passes away
- Fatal shooting in Aberdeen
- Aberdeen shooting under investigation