ABERDEEN, Miss. (WTVA) - A pedestrian is dead after being hit by a car in Aberdeen.
The incident happened Tuesday night at 8:22 on Highway 145 North, near the Food Giant store, according to Monroe County Coroner Alan Gurley.
Gurley said Larry Ward, 50, of Aberdeen, was crossing the highway near Food Giant when he was hit by a southbound car.
Ward was pronounced dead at the scene from multiple trauma, the coroner said.
The driver of the car was not injured.
The Aberdeen Police Department is investigating the incident.
- Aberdeen pedestrian killed Tuesday night
- Choctaw County collision kills pedestrian
- Aberdeen alderman passes away
- Fatal shooting in Aberdeen
- Aberdeen shooting under investigation
- Police investigate Aberdeen shooting
- Aberdeen celebrates Memorial Day
- Tree falls on Aberdeen home
- UPDATE: Missing Aberdeen woman found
- Weekend fire damages Aberdeen house