ABERDEEN, Miss. (WTVA) - An Aberdeen man faces a long list of charges in Monroe County.
Leon Brandon, Jr., 37, was arrested yesterday, Jan. 7, and charged with the following:
- 8 counts of disregard of traffic control device
- 1 count domestic violence aggravated
- 1 count felony fleeing from law enforcement
- 1 count petty larceny
- 1 count possession of marijuana in motor vehicle
- 1 count possession of firearm by a convicted felon
- 1 count simple assault
- 1 count suspended driver’s license
The chase with law enforcement began after deputies responded to a domestic violence call, according to Sheriff Cecil Cantrell. The victim was inside the vehicle, but found a way to escape the moving vehicle by making a life threatening decision.
"He actually took the gun that he had, and beat that woman across the head and face," Sheriff Cantrell said. "She had a lot of serious wounds, and she basically jumped out of the vehicle."
Deputies continued to chase Brandon, who was driving the vehicle, and were able to eventually capture him.
"That is terrible to hit anybody, especially a woman, but with a weapon that could have gone off and could have killed her," Sheriff Cantrell said. The victim is out of the hospital and is recovering at home.
Brandon is in custody of the Mississippi Department of Corrections. At this time, no bond has been posted.
- Aberdeen man faces long list of charges in Monroe County
- Aberdeen man faces drug charge in Monroe County
- Man faces marijuana charge in Monroe County
- Four face drug charges in Monroe County
- Monroe County men face drug-related charges
- Mother returned to Aberdeen, faces kidnapping charges
- UPDATE: Steens man facing charges in Monroe County after manhunt
- Lowndes County man charged in Monroe County
- Man charged in Monroe County shooting
- Aberdeen man charged with church burglary