MONROE COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) – An Aberdeen man is accused of shooting at another person in a drive-by shooting.
According to the Monroe County Sheriff’s Department, the shooting happened Thursday sometime near 7 a.m.
Investigators say Myles Tavarus Perkins, 23, followed another person in his vehicle from inside the Aberdeen city limits to its outskirts on Highway 25.
There he pulled in front of the victim’s vehicle and fired several shots with a handgun. The victim’s vehicle was hit three times. No one was injured.
Investigators say this was a case of mistaken identity. They say Perkins thought the victim was someone who owed money.
Perkins was arrested on Friday and charged with one count of drive-by shooting.
- Aberdeen man arrested for drive-by shooting
- Fatal shooting in Aberdeen
- Aberdeen shooting under investigation
- Police investigate Aberdeen shooting
- Shooting lands Aberdeen man in jail
- UPDATE: Man in custody for Aberdeen shooting
- Aberdeen man arrested for sex crimes
- Aberdeen man arrested after multi-state chase
- Person in custody for Aberdeen shooting
- Aberdeen alderman passes away