Update 09/21/18 3:16 p.m.
Aberdeen School District Superintendent Jeff Clay says there were a couple of small leaks on the property. There's no danger to the general public, and Clay feels confident that school will resume as normal on Monday.
Aberdeen's home high school football game is scheduled to go on as planned.
The Aberdeen Fire Department says they shut down the main gas line to the school, adding there were two small leaks, one of them in the school's boiler
After the gas was shut off, crews were called in to repair the line.
See the original post below.
ABERDEEN, Miss. (WTVA) - Students were evacuated from Aberdeen’s high school due to a gas leak.
Aberdeen School District Superintendent Jeff Clay says the incident started sometime near 10 a.m.
The whole school district dismissed at 12:15 p.m. today.
Clay says the high school students were sent to the grandstands of the high school's football stadium.
He says this is to err on the side of caution and that the safety of the district's staff and students is the top priority.