ABERDEEN, Miss. (WTVA) - Aberdeen Mayor Maurice Howard's salary has been cut once again following an executive session Tuesday evening according to the city clerk.
City Clerk Jackie Benson confirmed Howard's annual salary is now $19,054. Benson said Howard was told to turn in his issued car, keys and fuel card.
This comes after aldermen first cut his salary back in July. Then, city officials said Howard had not been available to the public, absent from day-to-day responsibilities at city hall, not engaging with the board and not posting his schedule.
- Aberdeen board of aldermen cut mayor's salary again
- Aberdeen aldermen seek clarification following discovery of mayor's vehicle
- Mayor speaks out after Aberdeen Board of Alderman vote to slash salary
- Starkville Board of Aldermen denies pride parade
- Mayor Of Aberdeen speaks out about his second pay cut
- Saltillo Board of Aldermen vote to switch to river water
- Myrtle Board of Aldermen set date for special election
- Saltillo Board of Aldermen discuss updates on brown water battle
- Starkville aldermen to talk utility improvements
- Oxford aldermen expected to approve bond plan