TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - AT&T is warning its customers to be wary of a scam involving gift cards for long-time customers.
Representatives say the scammers are cloning actual AT&T numbers when making the calls.
They then direct you through a series of questions intended to get your personal information.
AT&T is not offering gift card promotions for preferred customers. If you receive a call, you should hang up.
- AT&T warns of phone scam
- Okolona Electric issues warning about phone scam
- Monroe County Electric warns of phone scam
- U.S. Marshals warn of phone scam
- New Albany police warn of phone scams
- Starkville police warn of phone scam
- State fire marshal warns of phone scam
- Lafayette County warns of phone scam
- Trustmark warns of phone, text scam
- Starkville Utilities warns customers about phone scam