TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - For seven days, Scott Burns will camp out at the Mall at Barnes Crossing.
Burns is a Marine veteran and member of Purple Heart Homes.
According to Burns, after being wounded and unable to continue service, he wanted to support the men and women fighting overseas.
Each year for the past 13 years, Burns has set up a tower at Barnes Crossing Mall.
In the tower, he has set up a bed.
Burns says he will spend a full 168 hours in the food court of the mall to raise money for troops.
Local businesses have donated items for Burns to raffle off during the event.
Items like grills, bikes and couches are all up for raffle.
Local artists, churches and speakers are also scheduled to perform throughout the week.
The event will go from June 30 to July 6.
All proceeds will go to the Purple Heart Homes Foundation.
Purple Heart Homes builds homes for disabled veterans.
- Marine veteran sleeping in mall, supporting troops
- Marine combat veteran kills 12 in California bar shooting
- A 104-year-old Marine Corps veteran is asking people to send him Valentine's Day cards
- Troop honored in Prentiss County before deployment
- Police report released following mall store robbery
- Police arrest man accused of mall shoplifting
- Charming Charlie closing in Tupelo mall
- Florida authorities: Multiple dead during mall shooting
- ALEA Marine Patrol Troopers investigate fatal boat crashes
- Mississippi company wins Marine crane work worth up to $84M