VICKSBURG, Miss. (AP) — Firefighters from a neighboring Mississippi county filled firehouses so locals could say farewell to one of their own, who died in a fire at his own home.
Former volunteer fire captain Danny Cogan died Nov. 19 and was buried Friday.
The Vicksburg Post reports that firefighters from around Hinds County worked at various firehouses around Warren County during the funeral.
Utica fire Lt. Lauren Stubblefield says "it's part of watching out for one another and taking care of one another."
- A community says goodbye to local firefighter
- At Mississippi school: Goodbye, Confederacy. Hello, Obama
- National Guardsmen say goodbye for deployment
- Tupelo says goodbye to 115-year-old hardware store
- Local community colleges named to Top 150 list
- Two local communities get federal money for improvements
- Local communities hold March For Our Lives events
- Louisville community seeks change after recent deaths of local teens
- Firefighters battle mobile home fire
- Firefighters battle Eupora business blaze