TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - It has been five years since the April 28 tornado swept through parts of Tupelo in 2014.
The EF-2 tornado hit hard on North Gloster Street.
Approximately 2,000 homes and 100 businesses were damaged. One life was taken.
And on that same day, an EF-4 tornado swept through Louisville in Winston County, bringing the total death count to 11.
Above is a recap video of WTVA's coverage from the following day.
- 5th anniversary since 2014 tornado swept through Tupelo
- Survivors recall the night a tornado swept through their home
- Neighborhood meetings scheduled after Tupelo tornado
- Tupelo tornado causes damage months later
- Tupelo honors sixth anniversary of Sgt. Gale Stauffer's sacrifice
- Pearl Harbor - 76th Anniversary
- New tornado shelter coming to Tupelo High School
- Tupelo city leaders take part in mock tornado drill
- Iowa town welcomes Tupelo mayor to talk about tornado recovery
- Friends and family remember Tupelo woman killed in tornado