TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - Firefighters responded to two restaurant fires in Tupelo in one weekend.
Firefighters responded to the fire at Captain D's at 7:15 a.m. Sunday. Fire Marshal Jason Cross said the fire started in a storage room and burned through the roof.
He said firefighters were able to contain the fire to those areas. He said there were heavy smoke and a few flames.
Captain D's corporate office said employees have been transferred to the location on North Gloster Street.
Firefighters also responded to a fire at Bishop's BBQ on Main Street.
Battalion Chief Bill Wardlaw said firefighters responded to the fire Saturday morning. He said the fire started in a storage area.
The fire marshal believes the fire started in the ceiling. Employees from the location are now working at other Bishop's BBQ locations in the area.
- Firefighters respond to two restaurant fires
- Firefighters respond to furniture plant fire
- Saltillo firefighters respond to Friday fire
- Columbus firefighters respond to house fire
- Tupelo firefighters respond to overnight house fire
- Firefighters respond to gin fire in Hamilton
- Firefighters respond to fire south of Aberdeen
- Firefighters respond to unoccupied house fire
- Firefighters respond to Columbus house fire
- Firefighters respond to Union County fire