STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - Bridge repairs forced the closure of Sun Creek Road in Oktibbeha County.
Work began on Monday to replace two bridges, leaving the road closed for four to six months, the Starkville Daily News reported.
District 3 Supervisor Marvell Howard told the newspaper that the work was necessary due to safety concerns.
He said the 4-to-6-month timeline is dependent on favorable weather.
Until the project is completed, the road will be closed to thru traffic.
- Bridge repairs to close Oktibbeha County road for 4-6 months
- Oktibbeha County bridge closed for repairs
- Lee County bridge closed for repairs
- Repair work to temporarily close Lee County bridge
- Lee County to temporarily close bridge for repair work
- Lee County bridge closed, in need of repairs
- Lee County road repair could take more than a month
- REPORT: Oktibbeha County considers paving Longview Road
- UPDATE: Amory road closed for repair work
- Oktibbeha County crews work to repair washed-out culverts