Is it too early to consider Christmas when Halloween is still weeks away? Aldi doesn't think so.
The discount grocer has already announced its lineup of 2019 Advent calendars, and many of them hit stores November 6. Consider it practice for Black Friday.
The Christian season of Advent, the prelude to the birth of Christ, is traditionally observed through prayer. But Advent calendars are a historic part of that tradition, too, with tiny treats behind every door counting down the 24 days to Christmas.
This lead-up to the holidays, Aldi says treat yourself--with 24 miniature bottles of wine.
If beer is more your speed, there's a calendar for that, too. Aldi's has 24 unique bottles of beer.
But both booze calendars are limited to two per customer, and once they've sold out, they won't be restocked.
Satiate kids who can hardly wait another day for their gifts with Barbie, Hot Wheels and Toy Story calendars. They'll get a bite-sized toy a day (though they're decidedly inedible. But there are cheese and chocolate calendars for that!).
- Aldi's Advent calendars are full of wine, cheese and chocolate. Apparently it's never too early to gear up for Christmas
- Supermarket Aldi officially opens in Tupelo
- 'Beer before wine, always fine'? Not really, hungover study participants say
- HBO's apparently working on three 'Game of Thrones' spinoffs, says George R. R. Martin
- A Texas family was told to remove their Christmas decorations because it's too early
- What do you get when Hershey's and Yuengling team up? Chocolate beer
- The new 'Frozen 2' trailer is full of action
- Cheez-It and a boxed wine company are teaming up. Here's why
- The full lyrics to 'Auld Lang Syne' so you don't mumble your way through it
- Schiff says transcripts from impeachment inquiry interviews could come 'as early as next week'