One person is dead and seven others injured after a bus that was part of country singer Josh Turner's road crew went off a roadway in San Luis Obispo County, California, authorities said Thursday.
"Mr. Turner and band were in different buses and not injured," CAL FIRE said via Twitter.
CNN has reached out to Turner's representatives for comment.
Of the injured, five people have moderate injuries and two have major injuries, CAL FIRE said in a tweet.
Firefighters were on the scene, the agency said.
"Please drive with caution in the area," it said.
John Cofield, a lawyer from Oxford, Mississippi, went to social media and identified the deceased person as David Turner of Oxford.
- 1 dead, 7 injured after country singer's crew bus crashes in California, authorities say
- Country singer Trace Adkins visits Aberdeen
- UAB bus crash injures many in Alabama
- Country singer Miranda Lambert coming to Tupelo in 2020
- School bus driver dead, multiple children injured in Benton County crash
- Michael Jackson fans sue singer's alleged abuse victims for 'damaging memory of the dead'
- Eddie Money, 'Two Tickets to Paradise' singer, dead at 70
- UPDATE: Dead identified in bus crash near Memphis
- One dead, one injured in three-vehicle crash
- UPDATE: One dead, other injured in Yalobusha County crash