The trailer for "Top Gun: Maverick," the long-awaited sequel to the 1986 hit movie that helped solidify star Tom Cruise's heartthrob appeal, is ready to fly.
Judging by the trailer, Cruise's danger-seeking naval aviator has been busy since audiences last saw him. Though, his attitude also hasn't changed much. He's content with his life as captain -- even if, as his superior points out, he should be an admiral by now -- and living on the edge.
The new film seems to embrace the original's fondness for shirtless beach outings, singing and motorcycle rides whist donning a bomber jacket and aviator glasses. It also welcomes new cast members like Jon Hamm and Miles Teller.
"Top Gun: Maverick," directed by Joseph Kosinski ("Tron: Legacy"), soars into theaters on June 26, 2020.
- Tom Cruise soars in 'Top Gun: Maverick' trailer
- 'Avengers: Endgame' trailer is finally here
- Carnival Cruise Line bans 'offensive clothing'
- Meet the entire live-action 'Dumbo' cast in new trailer
- Jennifer Hudson, Taylor Swift come out to play in 'Cats' movie trailer
- The new 'Frozen 2' trailer is full of action
- Tenn-Tom Waterway reopens
- 'Murder Mystery' tops Netflix's most-popular titles of 2019
- Starkville police arrest peeping tom
- Fact checking Trump's 'Impeach this' map