BOONEVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - A local business has been closed due to alleged illegal gambling activity.
On March 8, Booneville police used a search warrant at the business, On The Spot Game Room, on North Second Street.
Police say this was the result of an anonymous tip.
Police say they searched the business and seized an illegal electronic gambling machine, gambling paraphernalia and more than $500 in cash.
The business’ owner, Dustin Wilkins, 35, of Tishomingo, was arrested and charged with facilitation of illegal gambling by electronic means, operating a business without a permit, and violation of tobacco ordinance.
The business will remain closed until a permit is obtained for operation and it is brought up to code, police say.
- Booneville business closed for alleged illegal gambling activity
- Police charge Booneville man with illegal gun possession
- Multiple arrests in Booneville
- Three charged in Booneville shooting
- Booneville police make drug arrest
- Booneville man arrested for cocaine
- Booneville police investigate Walmart theft
- Booneville man charged with burglary
- Booneville police chief: road closure
- Booneville woman arrested for fraud