Update 01/26/19 5 p.m.
Jamee Welch, one of the escaped inmates, turned himself in on Saturday, according to Sheriff Terry Grassere.
Update 01/20/19 3:40 p.m.
Noxubee County Sheriff Terry Grassaree says the two escaped inmates, considered armed and dangerous, fled the jail through the ceiling on Sunday.
He said Jamee Deondre Welch was charged with aggravated assault and that Tremarcus Devonte Webb was in violation of a Mississippi Department of Corrections' hold.
MDOC, the Mississippi Highway Patrol and Macon police are assisting with the search.
See the original post below.
MACON, Miss. (WTVA) - Law enforcement officers are searching for two jail escapees in Noxubee County.
Sheriff Terry Grassaree says the inmates escaped from the correctional facility sometime near 5 a.m. Sunday, Jan. 20.
He says Jamee Deondre Welch, 21, and Tremarcus Devonte Webb, 26, were last accounted for Saturday night.
If you know where these two inmates are, you're urged to call 911.
- Second Noxubee County inmate surrenders
- UPDATE: Escaped Noxubee County inmate captured
- UPDATE: Escaped Noxubee County inmate caught
- UPDATE: One out of two Noxubee County inmates surrender after escaping
- Inmate escapes Marshall County jail
- UPDATE: Noxubee County boil water notice lifted
- Water outage in Noxubee County
- UPDATE: Vardaman shooting suspect surrenders to police
- UPDATE: Calhoun County inmate found
- UPDATE: Alcorn County inmate captured