Photo Gallery 3 Images
UPDATE 07/01/19 - All remaining suspects are in custody.
Original post below
Devonta Orr | Photo: Lee County Sheriff's Department
Taveras Brown | Photo: Lee County Sheriff's Department
TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - More suspects have been identified as part of a Lee County theft investigation.
Mitchell Distributing Company contacted the Lee County Sheriff’s Department on June 19 and reported multiple incidents of employee theft.
Investigators determined at least seven suspects were involved with the theft and embezzlement of the business’ merchandise, according to the sheriff's department.
Six of the seven suspects were employees at the time of the thefts.
The Lee County Sheriff’s Department has already made five arrests in the investigation:
- Darrius Pack, 26, of Okolona
- Jasper Williams, 27, of Shannon
- Isaac Morgan, 50, of Columbus
- Quintel Montgomery, 23, of Tupelo
- Benji Williams, 37, of Baldwyn
The following suspects are still wanted.
- Travares Brown, 38, of Tupelo
- Devonta Orr, 27, of Verona
According to the sheriff’s department, the stolen merchandise was sold and distributed to convenience stores in the Chickasaw County area and Okolona.
The merchandise is valued at approximately $100,000.
Anyone with information on the whereabouts of Brown and Orr can contact the Lee County Sheriff’s Department at 662-680-5766 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-773-8477.
- Two Lee County embezzlement suspects in custody
- 5 suspects in custody, 2 suspects still wanted in Lee County embezzlement investigation
- MSU stabbing suspect in custody
- Oxford shooting suspect in custody
- UPDATE: Wanted man now in custody in Lee County
- Suspect in custody after Tishomingo County chase
- Pontotoc County shooting suspect is in custody
- Clay County sexual battery suspect in custody
- Suspect crashes during Lee County pursuit
- Lee County sheriff's deputies capture murder suspect