OKOLONA, Miss. (WTVA) - A family in Okolona is grieving following the loss of a father who appears have drowned near Jackson.
Charles Bogan, 46, was recovered from Ross Barnett Reservoir Monday after a boating accident on Sunday.
"Drowned, that's the last thing anyone would expect to hear," said Kenneth Mayfield, Bogan's uncle.
Reservoir police say Bogan and another man fell off a boat, but Bogan was the only one that didn't make it back to the shore.
"Everybody is in shock," Mayfield said. "My niece and sister are very emotional about it."
Bogan leaves behind three children, ages 9 to 23.
Twelve years ago, he moved from Okolona to outside of Jackson where he worked as a robot technician at Nissan.
Mayfield describes Bogan as a very ambitious man and a hard worker.
Bogan's funeral arrangements are not final.
- Family mourns loss of father following boating accident
- Girl treated after boating accident in Aberdeen
- Death toll from Missouri duck boat accident climbs to 17
- Amory woman injured in north Alabama boating accident
- Ripley mourns following deaths of students
- Two hurt In accident
- Columbus fire truck in accident
- Ongoing investigation in motorcycle accident
- Motorcyclist injured in Tupelo accident
- MSU fans react to National Championship loss