LOWNDES COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - Two teenagers were airlifted following a wreck on Highway 45 in Lowndes County.
The crash happened Monday night.
Troopers say a 17-year-old boy was driving with a 14-year-old as a passenger. The driver lost control of the vehicle, crossed the median and hit a tree.
The 17-year-old was airlifted to North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo with serious injuries. The 14-year-old was airlifted to Batson Children's Hospital in Jackson with serious injuries.
Troopers say the 17-year-old is from Millport, Alabama, and the 14-year-old is from Hamilton, Mississippi.
No names were released.
- Teens airlifted following Lowndes County crash
- One airlifted after wreck in Lowndes County
- Crash In Lowndes County
- UPDATE: Lowndes County teen found safe
- Lowndes County inmate dies
- Alabama woman dies in Lowndes County crash
- No injuries in Lowndes County crash
- Driver airlifted to hosptial after crash in Oktibbeha County
- 1 person airlifted from Prentiss County wreck
- Lowndes County man charged in Monroe County