HAMILTON, Ala. (AP) — Authorities say a 61-year-old old inmate has escaped from Alabama's prison for elderly and sick prisoners.
A statement from the Department of Corrections say David Curtis Wood was wearing only white boxer shorts when he fled the Hamilton Aged and Infirmed Center on Monday morning.
The medium-security prison in northwestern Alabama is reserved for inmates who are elderly or have special medical needs.
Wood is serving a life sentence for burglary. He was sentenced in Mobile County in 1994.
- Inmate escapes from Alabama prison for elderly and sick
- Alabama inmate captured hours after escape
- Inmate escapes Marshall County jail
- THE MIKE FILES: How do inmates escape?
- Law enforcement search for escaped inmate
- Inmate collapses in prison, later dies
- Mississippi prison investigates deaths of 2 inmates
- Mississippi prison inmate dies in Pascagoula hospital
- Crime Stoppers offers reward for info about escaped inmate
- Inmate found nearly 24 hours after escape in Yalobusha County