Editor's Note: This article has been updated since its publication.
ALCORN COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - According to the Alcorn County Sheriff's Department, a supervisor from Prentiss County faces a DUI charge following his arrest on Friday.
Alcorn County Sheriff Ben Caldwell says James Plaxico was arrested by the Mississippi Highway Patrol for DUI. He was booked into the Alcorn County jail on charges of DUI and careless driving.
Plaxico was stopped on Highway 45 north of Corinth near the weigh scales. A source close to the situation says Plaxico was in a Prentiss County-owned vehicle at the time of his arrest.
The Mississippi Highway Patrol confirmed this information. Troopers also confirmed Plaxico was in a county-owned vehicle at the time. Master Sgt. Ray Hall says a safety checkpoint was set up on Highway 45.
- Prentiss County supervisor arrested for DUI
- Child enticement arrest made in Prentiss County
- Child abuse arrest made in Prentiss County
- Prentiss County investigating multiple burglaries
- Oktibbeha County deputy resigns following DUI arrest
- Two burglary arrests made in Prentiss County in separate cases
- Two arrested in separate Prentiss County drug cases
- Arrest made for tractor, trailer were stolen in Prentiss County
- Woman arrested in Prentiss County on drug, gun charges
- Marietta man arrested for theft in Prentiss County