BOONEVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - A shooting in Booneville sent one person to the hospital Sunday afternoon.
Booneville Police Chief Michael Ramey said the shooting happened around 1:16 p.m. on Sunday near Magnolia and Elm Streets.
Chief Ramey says a victim was sent to the North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo with a gunshot wound. Their condition is unknown.
Chief Ramey believes they have the shooter in custody but did not release any more information at this time. The incident is still under investigation.
Stay with WTVA as this story develops.
- One hospitalized after shooting in Booneville
- Three charged in Booneville shooting
- Multiple arrests in Booneville
- Booneville police make drug arrest
- Booneville man arrested for cocaine
- Booneville police investigate Walmart theft
- Booneville man charged with burglary
- Booneville police chief: road closure
- Booneville woman arrested for fraud
- No injuries in Booneville truck fire