NEW HOULKA, Miss. (WTVA) -- One woman has died and another is in critical condition following a traffic accident involving a state-trooper in Chickasaw County this morning.
Shirley Harris, 72, died at the scene of the accident on Highway 32 at County Road 409 around 8:30 a.m.
Troopers say Harris was driving the car when it collided with the trooper's SUV.
MHP says the trooper suffered minor injuries in the accident.
Harris's passenger, Ruth Clifford, 72 is in critical condition at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo.
The accident remains under investigation.
Harris's family members say she loved spending time with her daughters and grand-children.
- Grandmother dies, one critical injured in trooper-involved accident
- UPDATE: Family identifies grandmother injured in Lowndes County shooting
- UPDATE: Troopers ID those involved in fatal Lowndes collision
- UPDATE: Investigation into accident involving bicycle continues
- UPDATE: Troopers ID victim of Pascagoula River bridge accident
- Children not injured in school bus accident
- Man serving time in trooper's death dies in prison
- EMCC football player dies in car accident
- No injuries in Pontotoc County accident involving Amish buggy
- UPDATE: Grandmother in custody for infant's death