UPDATE: Bobby Joe Cobb appeared before a Union County judge Monday morning where he was charged with first-degree murder. His bond was set at $1 million.
WTVA's Shante Sumpter was in the courtroom and will have more coverage later today on WTVA 9 News and online at WTVA.com.
See the original article below.
Bobby Joe Cobb
UNION COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - One person is dead following a shooting off County Road 51 in Union County.
Union County Sheriff Jimmy Edwards confirms the shooting happened Saturday afternoon in the Poolville community.
According to Union County Coroner Pam Bowen, Jeffrey Whitten, 31, of New Albany, was shot and killed.
Deputies arrested Bobby Joe Cobb.
Sheriff Edwards says Whitten and his girlfriend lived at Cobb's girlfriend's house. That is where the shooting took place.
When a domestic argument began between Whitten and his girlfriend, that's when Cobb intervened and shot Whitten multiple times.
Cobb will go before a judge Monday morning.
We will continue to bring you more updates as this story develops.
- UPDATE: Bond set at $1 million for Union County murder suspect
- UPDATE: Louisville murder suspect returned, bond set
- UPDATE: Bond set for Grenada murder suspect
- UPDATE: $10 million bond set for Starkville suspect
- UPDATE: Bond set at $1 million for Eupora shooting suspect
- UPDATE: Bond set for Verona shooting suspect
- UPDATE: Bond set for sexual assault suspect
- UPDATE: Bond set for Vardaman shooting suspect
- UPDATE: Bond set for Tupelo kidnapping suspect
- UPDATE: Bond set for burglary suspect