JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - The state's flu rate has risen nearly a percent after falling below double digits in recent weeks.
According to the Mississippi State Department of Health, the influenza-like illness rate went up to 10.1 percent for the week ending January 27.
The state ILI rate for the previous week was down to 9.4 percent. Two weeks before, it was up to 10.8 percent.
Even with the increase, the flu rate is still below the more than 12 percent recorded during the Christmas/New Year's holiday period, which was the peak of the current flu season.
- Mississippi's flu rate goes back up
- Mississippi flu rate stays same from last year
- Rate of flu-like illness down in Mississippi
- Big drop for Mississippi's flu-like illness rate
- State flu rate drops back under 10 percent
- Mississippi fourth highest rate of gun deaths
- Mississippi unemployment rate near historic low
- Concerns for dog flu in Mississippi
- Hospital takes extra precautions as flu rate increases
- State flu-like rate down more than a percent