UPDATE 3/6/18 5:32 : After almost a month, the family of Keith Anderson is shocked that there are no updates on the investigation.
Coroner Carolyn Green said it could be up to a year before Anderson's autopsy report is returned.
Lee County Sheriff Jim Johnson said, they do not have any suspects at the time.
The the investigation is still on going.
UPDATE: Wednesday afternoon, Lee County Coroner Carolyn Green identified the victim as 46-year-old Keith Adam Anderson of Plantersville.
Anderson's body has been sent for an autopsy.
See the original article below.
PLANTERSVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - Lee County investigators found a man dead in a Plantersville yard.
On Wednesday at approximately 5:40 a.m., Lee County officers responded to the house on Highway 6 in Plantersville.
When officers arrived at the house, they found a man in the yard, who suffered an apparent fatal gunshot wound.
The name of the man has not been released.
"The victim was identified as a current registered sex offender in Lee County," stated Lee County Sheriff Jim Johnson.
The coroner said she arrived around 7:20 a.m.
An autopsy will be performed on the body, with results pending.
More information will be released as the investigation progresses.
- UPDATE: A month later, still no answers on a man's shooting death
- UPDATE: Man arrested, charged following Columbus shooting
- UPDATE: Verona man charged after shooting
- UPDATE: Man charged in deadly Grenada shooting
- UPDATE: Man wanted for Calhoun City shooting
- UPDATE: Man in custody for Aberdeen shooting
- UPDATE: Man dies in Winston County shooting
- UPDATE: Two men wanted in weekend shooting death
- UPDATE: Two charged with capital murder in Corinth man's death
- UPDATE: Marietta man's charge upgraded after child's death