LOWNDES COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) – A Columbus man led local deputies on a pursuit which ended just across the Alabama state line.
The incident happened Monday evening.
According to the Lowndes County Sheriff’s Department, 30-year-old Cody Swink was driving on the wrong side of Highway 69 and was clocked going 90 mph in a 55 mph zone.
A Lowndes County deputy attempted to pull him over but Swink refused, which led to the pursuit into Pickens County, Alabama.
Deputies in Pickens County were able to stop him and arrest him.
He was extradited back to Lowndes County and sits in the county jail. As a result, he is charged with felony fleeing and several traffic violations.
No bond has been set at this time.
- Monday pursuit ends with arrest across state line
- Drug arrest made following Clay County pursuit
- Columbus man captured following multi-state pursuit
- Clay County pursuit ends with wreck in Oktibbeha County
- UPDATE: Man arrested following pursuit in Tishomingo County
- Hundreds line-up for Alcorn State parade
- Pursuit involving a former NBA player ends just feet away from family's home
- UPDATE: Four charged in Tupelo following pursuit
- Suspect crashes during Lee County pursuit
- Search for shooting suspect ends in arrest