PRENTISS COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) – Officers found a teenager hiding in a church following a disturbance call the day before.
According to the Prentiss County Sheriff’s Department, the incident happened on Highway 4 East on Friday, December 1.
Sheriff Randy Tolar says the disturbance involved a 15-year-old boy. The boy ended up running into a wooded area.
Baldwyn police assisted with a K9 in the search for the boy but were unsuccessful. Deputies searched throughout the night and the following day.
Blackland Search and Rescue also assisted in the search.
The following day, Candlers Chapel Baptist Church on County Road 3151 reported a broken window at the back of the building.
Sheriff Tolar says the boy was found hiding in the church. He was then taken to the Corinth Juvenile Detention Center.
- Teenager found hiding in church in Prentiss County
- Man's body found in Prentiss County
- UPDATE: Missing Prentiss County man found safe
- Prentiss County investigating multiple burglaries
- Prentiss County man charged with assault
- Child enticement arrest made in Prentiss County
- UPDATE: Phone issues in Prentiss County fixed
- Prentiss County charges three with drugs
- Men charged with burglary in Prentiss County
- Troop honored in Prentiss County before deployment