CALHOUN COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) – Law enforcement in Calhoun County hit the streets early Friday to roundup accused drug offenders.
The Calhoun County Sheriff’s Department and several Mississippi Bureau of Narcotics agents participated in the much-anticipated roundup.
Calhoun County Sheriff Greg Pollan says he didn’t sleep much due to the anticipation.
“These are some individuals we’ve been needing to get off the street – cases we’ve been working on for a year plus,” he said.
Nearly 90 indictments arrived at the sheriff’s office this week.
The officers were able to make six drug-related arrests and one aggravated domestic violence arrest.
Pollan says more arrests are expected but says he’s pleased with the work the deputies and agents were able to do.
“Everything went really well. Sometimes you go out and you don’t get them on the first try. So you have to go out and do it again. So we’ll go do that through the weekend,” he said.
- Several arrested during Calhoun County drug roundup
- 10 arrested in Monroe County drug roundup
- Arrest made for Calhoun County burglaries
- Attempted murder arrest made in Calhoun County
- Drug agents arrest motel manager in Calhoun City
- UPDATE: Calhoun County inmate found
- Bridge closed in Calhoun County
- Monroe deputies execute warrants during drug roundup
- Burglary charges added to indecent exposure arrest in Calhoun County
- Calhoun County man arrested for string of burglaries