OLTON, Texas (WTVA) – A pilot from Tupelo is reportedly in serious condition following a plane crash in west Texas.
According to KCBD in Lubbock, 23-year-old Joshua Kyle Hollis of Tupelo survived the single-engine plane crash Tuesday morning just west of Olton.
The Department of Public Safety says Hollis was piloting the plane.
According to The Olton Enterprise, the single-engine crop duster crashed into a field around 8:30 a.m.
Witnesses said the pilot was able to get out of the plane, which was on fire.
- Report: Tupelo man survives Texas plane crash
- Tupelo man dies following October plane crash in west Texas
- Man reported missing in Tupelo
- Tupelo woman survives West Nile virus
- Exhaust to blame for 2016 Tupelo plane crash
- Local man dies in Texas crash
- UPDATE: Man reported missing found in Tupelo
- Report: Propeller blade broke, causing military plane crash
- Preliminary report released after Monroe County plane crash
- Power outages reported in Tupelo