COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) - A group of bikers rolled in Columbus to spread awareness for wounded veterans.
The Road Warriors plan to travel from Austin, TX to Charleston, SC in seven days. Founder of the group, Craid Anders, says he started Road Warriors to help vets transition after being injured.
"You start to see them return to themselves," said Anders. "They realize they are able and capable to do anything."
Bikes are customized to fit the needs of the riders. Members consider this ride as a form of therapy.
"It's exhilarating being on the open road," said Regional Director Jason Baxley. "Adventure therapy is such a different form of therapy."
Many other biker organizations in the area came to support.
This seven day ride is an annual event the Road Warriors hope to continue to aid vets and bring awareness.
If you would like to support the Road Warriors, you can find out how on www.roadwarriors.org.
- Road Warriors spread awareness for wounded veterans
- Work Zone Awareness month
- Amory children spread Christmas joy
- Golden Still: Warriors sweep Cavs for second straight title
- Man dead, officer wounded in Alabama shooting
- Five wounded in Attala County club shooting
- Deputy discovers wounded driver in Lee County
- Sheriff: Woman wounded in accidental shooting
- 3 wounded in East Tupelo shooting
- Two wounded in Columbus in weekend shooting