WEST POINT, Miss. (WTVA) - A West Point police officer had to turn in his badge during a board of selectmen.
According to Chief Avery Cook, the board of selectmen fired Sergeant Shaun Keller.
The chief says Keller had been under investigation by the Attorney General's Office.
Cook asked the Attorney General's Office to look into the veteran officer but did not explain why.
Cook says more information will be released Thursday morning.
Keller worked at West Point Police Department for 14 years.
- West Point police officer fired after investigation
- West Point police investigate stabbing
- Police investigate West Point social media threat
- West Point Police investigate shooting death
- West Point police investigating restaurant bomb threat
- West Point police investigate Tuesday night shooting
- West Point police investigate 8 burglaries
- West Point Police investigate incident at Walmart
- MDOC remembers former West Point police officer
- Investigation continues into West Point shooting