JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) -- Mississippi is still reporting lower unemployment rates and no county in north Mississippi reports rates over eight percent.
The latest numbers released by the Mississippi Department of Employment Security Wednesday show the state's unemployment is at 4.7 percent.
Union (3.4), Pontotoc (3.7), Lee (3.8) and Itawamba (3.8) County have the lowest unemployment rates.
Noxubee (7.1), Clay (6.1), Winston (5.5) and Yalobusha (5.3) have the highest umployment rates in the region.
The numbers are from September 2017.
- Mississippi releases county unemployment numbers
- October unemployment rates released per county
- Mississippi sees record low unemployment in November
- Mississippi sees record low unemployment in December
- Mississippi continues to see record low unemployment
- Mississippi unemployment rate near historic low
- State breaks down unemployment county-by-county
- Union, Pontotoc counties see low unemployment rates for November
- Dozens released after massive Mississippi immigration raids
- Alabama unemployment rate matches all-time low