TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - The supermarket chain Aldi officially opened Wednesday in Tupelo.
Many people braved the cold morning temperatures to be the first ones inside the store.
The business is located on North Gloster Street at the same location where Ryan’s restaurant previously stood.
The chain is famous for providing its customers with cheap, low prices for everyday items such as milk and eggs.
The store features few aisles displaying all the essentials. The business says more than 90 percent of the groceries it offers are under the Aldi brand.
The store also features the unique business practice of charging its customers for supermarket items many customers take for granted. This includes a 25-cent refundable deposit for a shopping cart.
- Supermarket Aldi officially opens in Tupelo
- Tupelo farmers' depot opens
- Tupelo city officials address Code Red glitches
- Health care officials talk Alzheimer's in Tupelo
- Furniture Market winter show opens in Tupelo
- Tupelo officials say section of West Jackson Street closed
- City officials discuss ways to improve Tupelo Transit
- Fire Officials: No injuries in Tupelo 18-wheeler fire
- Officials signal support for continuing Tupelo bus system
- Tupelo city officials meet to discuss storm damage