MOOREVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) – The National Weather Service issued a test tornado warning for Mississippians on Wednesday.
The test was issued at 9:15 a.m. over NOAA weather radios. Many cities also tested its tornado sirens, including Tupelo.
Students at Mooreville Middle School also participated in the tornado drill. Principal Roman Doty says the school holds these type of drills several times a year.
Gov. Phil Bryant recently declared October 23-27 as Fall Severe Weather Preparedness Week in Mississippi.
Thursday, October 26 will focus on flooding and flash flooding. Friday, October 27 will focus on winter weather.
- Mississippians take part in tornado drill
- Tupelo city leaders take part in mock tornado drill
- Statewide tornado drill set for Wednesday morning
- Author upsets Mississippians with tweet about reading
- Mississippians warned of false alarm salesmen
- Doctors urge Mississippians to get Measles Vaccination
- Tornado drill scheduled for Wednesday during Severe Weather Preparedness Week
- $500 apiece offered to help Mississippians finish degrees
- Senator: Capitol art should also show black Mississippians
- Mississippians not required to be 21 to buy tobacco products