STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - Starkville police say residents should be aware of a fake social media post.
Police say they have received many questions about the following fake post:
"This information is not a product of the Starkville Police Department nor is it from a credible source. As with any activity, our agency takes P.R.I.D.E. in accurate and timely information released to our Community," stated the Starkville Police Department.
- Starkville PD warns of fake social media post
- Law enforcement warn of bogus social media post
- Social media posts could lead to real-life consequences
- Ole Miss talks next steps after controversial social media post
- Starkville PD seek heavier policing amid increased drug-related crime
- AG Hood warns of fake calls asking for Social Security numbers
- UPDATE: Ole Miss faculty issue statement about donor's social media post
- Police investigate West Point social media threat
- Starkville police warn of fraudulent IRS calls
- Starkville police warn of phone scam