BALDWYN, Miss. (WTVA) — A Baldwyn man found dead in his home Monday afternoon was shot in the chest.
That's according to Baldwyn Police Chief Troy Agnew.
Agnew says 70-year old Henry Adams, Jr., was found lying face-down at his home on Second Street in Baldwyn by a friend.
There was no weapon found on the scene, the chief said.
Friends and family say that Adams lived alone and sold cars from his front yard.
Everyone we talked to, including Chief Agnew, said that Adams had very few if any known enemies.
His body has been sent to the Pearl for an autopsy.
Chief Agnew says he hopes the autopsy will give them more information about who might have shot and killed Adams.
- Update: Police say Baldwyn man shot in the chest
- UPDATE: Natural gas restored in Baldwyn
- Baldwyn police officers file lawsuit against city
- Man found dead inside his Baldwyn home
- UPDATE: Teen indicted for capital murder for Baldwyn death
- Police: 1 person taken to hospital after Baldwyn wrecks
- Stray bullet grazes Baldwyn softball player, police investigate
- Police: Baldwyn shooting suspect was found hiding in a boat
- Arrest made following Baldwyn gas station burglary
- Three teens charged in Baldwyn murder