CULLMAN, Ala. (AP) - Police say an Alabama teenager is dead following an accidental shooting.
Cullman Police Chief Kenny Culpepper tells The Cullman Times that 16-year-old Jackson Lambert was found dead at his home Monday night.
The chief says the youth was talking to someone on social media at the time of this death, but they haven't released additional details.
Culpepper calls the shooting a "horrible accident" that was caused by a mistake.
Coroner Jeremy Kilpatrick referred questions to police.
Lambert was a student at Cullman High School. Principal Kim Hall says grief counselors are on hand to assist students, teachers and staff following Lambert's death.
Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Police say Alabama teen killed in accidental shooting
- Lafayette Co. teen accidentally shoots grandfather
- Accidental shooting kills man in Chickasaw County
- Columbus police called to investigate accidental shooting
- Boy dies in accidental shooting
- Starkville shooting incident ruled accidental
- 4 teens arrested after Alabama school shooting
- Authorities: Alabama police officer killed
- New Albany police continue to investigate accidental shooting
- Sheriff: Woman wounded in accidental shooting