NEW ORLEANS (AP) - A man has been sentenced to more than 18 years in prison for nine robberies in Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama - including one where he ordered a cheeseburger before robbing a fast-food restaurant.
The U.S. attorney's office for eastern Louisiana says Monday that 32-year-old Christopher Simms of New Orleans was sentenced Thursday by U.S. District Judge Eldon E. Fallon.
Court documents show Simms pleaded guilty to robbing four fast-food restaurants, three stores and two banks in January and February 2016.
The robberies were at Sonny's Discount convenience store in Silver Creek, Mississippi; three McDonald's restaurants in New Orleans and one in Kenner, Louisiana; a Family Dollar store in New Orleans; a Dollar General store and an Iberia Bank in Metairie, Louisiana; and a Compass Bank in Mobile, Alabama.
Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Louisiana man sentenced for 9 robberies in 3 states in 2016
- Man sentenced to 30 years for 2016 armed robbery, manslaughter
- Bulldogs rout Louisiana 56-10
- Louisiana man charged with assault in Oxford
- Tupelo man found dead In Louisiana
- Sheriff: Louisiana man abducted Monroe County girl
- Louisiana deputies capture Noxubee fugitive
- Man loses attempt to have armed robbery sentence reduced
- Tupelo teen sentenced to prison for robberies
- Fitzgerald throws 4 TDs, Mississippi State beats Louisiana Tech 45-3