MOBILE, Ala. (AP) - Funeral services have been set for an Alabama police sergeant killed in a crash on Thursday.
WKRG-TV reports services for Mobile Police Sgt. Jeremy Franks will be on Monday at Forest Hill Church of God. Visitation is set for 12 p.m. with the funeral to take place immediately after at 2 p.m.
Franks, a 19-year veteran of the department, died in an off-duty single-car crash early Thursday in Mobile County. He was 41.
Details of the accident have not been released.
Chief Lawrence Battiste says Franks was engaged to be married, and had one son. He says Franks was the type of person to light up any room and bring joy to everyone he interacted with.
Information from: WKRG-TV, http://www.wkrg.com/
Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Funeral services set for Alabama officer killed in crash
- Funeral services set for slain Alabama officer
- Funeral services set for young girl killed in boating accident
- Funeral services set for Chickasaw County Deputy Jeremy Voyles
- Memorial service set for flight nurse killed in helicopter crash
- Alabama set to execute inmate in '85 police officer killing
- Authorities: Alabama police officer killed
- Alabama crash kills Vernon man
- Funeral arrangements set for local flight nurse killed in copter crash
- Funeral arrangements set for longtime journalist