JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - The Mississippi State Department of Health lifted the boil water alert for Tupelo Saturday afternoon.
However, some steps still need to be taken before water is used normally again, according to state health officials:
- Flush faucets for a total of 10 minutes to introduce system water throughout house plumbing.
- 1 faucet — run for 10 minutes
- 2 faucets — run both for 5 minutes
- 3 faucets — run each for 3-4 minutes
Flush any faucet a minimum of 2 minutes to ensure clearing of the line serving the faucet.
- Discard any drinks, ice, food, etc, made during the boil water notice.
- Rewash any food or drink contact items (knives, forks, plates, etc.) with cleared system water.
- Check water filters (in faucets, refrigerators and elsewhere) and replace if necessary.
- Do not use water from your hot water heater for drinking until several exchanges of the tank have occurred.
- Run dishwasher through a cycle or two before washing dishes.