MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) - A suspect has been arrested in connection with the home invasion and slaying of a 92-year-old Alabama woman.
The Montgomery Advertiser reports 27-year-old Rodney McQueen was arrested by the U.S. Marshals Fugitive Task Force on Thursday. He has been charged with one count of capital murder during a burglary, and one count of capital murder during a robbery.
Court documents say McQueen is accused of breaking into Mary Gedel's home on Sept. 28 and beating, stabbing and strangling her before stealing property.
Gedel's body was found after an acquaintance reported to Montgomery police on Oct. 2 that she hadn't been seen in a few days. An autopsy labeled the cause of death as blunt-force trauma.
McQueen is being held without bond. The newspaper didn't say whether he has a lawyer.
Information from: Montgomery Advertiser, http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com
Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Man charged with killing 92-year-old woman in home invasion
- Derma police investigating home invasion
- Arrest made in Lowndes County home invasion
- Seventh arrest made in home invasion investigation
- 3 arrested for Oxford home invasion
- Investigators: Grenada man arrested for attempted rape, home invasion
- Sheriff: Man dead in Monroe County home invasion
- Man charged with taking items from home
- Woman charged with stabbing man in Columbus
- Columbus man charged with strangling woman